Faith Doesn’t Use Age As An Excuse
“After Noah was 500 years old, Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.” (Genesis 5:32, ESV)
“In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.” (Genesis 7:11, ESV)
All too often we seem to think that faith is the stuff of youth.
- Follow the Lord when you are young!
- Go on a mission trip!
- Accept the offer in far away, it’s the Lord’s leading!
Yet, as we grow older, we seem to get locked into our home, our address, and our community. We even try to keep our family close to us. Then, our words make a subtle change …
- Why not go to school here?
- How about taking the job in town?
- You know the church is looking for someone to serve on campus?
How does our faith shrink from exploring the world and serving without fear to doing what is comfortable?
Noah reminds us that God often makes the BIG ask when we grow older, though many not hear it or, if they do, they choose to deny or ignore it.
And what about you?
- Has God been asking you to take the step of faith into the unknown?
- Are you tuned in to the heart of God through His Word on a daily basis?
- Would you be ready to go if God called you today?
Why not stop and talk to Jesus about His call in your life right now?
And then, feel free to share your thoughts below!