Urban Ministry is in Ruins in America! ‘White flight’ and ‘brown frown’ have left the cities of the USA a wasteland of Christian spirituality. Yet, as we reread the New Testament, we discover the Apostle Paul in effective ministry while in the city and running for his life when he leaves the city. It is our hope that your heart will be stirred as Dr. Smith shares both the Biblical truth and strategy to reach your community for Christ!
And yes, you can pick and choose topics you’d like Dr. Smith to speak on. Of course! He will come to your church or organization over repeated dates to bring this material to you.
The Individual Lessons
- The Distress of Our Cities– Compares our current conditions with the 5 facts Paul gave concerning cities in his day.
- The Directives of Our God– Examines the 3 directives of God concerning the city and tracks Paul through his 3 missionary journeys discovering his strategy for cities.
- The Dilemma of Our Churches– Explores the 4 major areas where today’s church is in trouble.
- The Distinctives of Our Solution – Reviews 9 of Christ’s solutions that would more than remedy the losses of the church to this culture.
- A Changed Philosophy For LeadershipCharacter vs. Content– Shows how to transition in 5 areas of ministry philosophy to reverse the current trends of the American church.
- A Changed Training For Leadership Accountability vs. Attendance– Shows how to transition through 8 building blocks of leadership training to reverse the current trends of the American church.
- A Changed Practice In Leadership Shepherding vs. Supervising– Shows how to transition through training leadership how to shepherd their small group in order to reverse the current trends of the American church.
- A Changed Result From Leadership Reliable Activity vs. Rebellious Attitudes– Shows how to transition through 7 principles for leadership training to reverse the current trends of the American church.
- Repair the Breeches: The Nehemiah Principle– Explores both the model and the method of Nehemiah to discover 12 principles and practices to repair the urban church.
- Restore the Mission: The Acts Principle– Explores both the fulfillment and the obstacles from Acts to discover 14 principles and practices to restore the mission of the urban church.
- Retool the Leadership: The Master’s Principle– Explores both the model and the process of Jesus to uncover 14 applicable practices to retool the leadership of the urban church.
- Rebuild the Church: The Ephesian Principle– Explores the 10 essential elements used by the Apostle Paul to build the church at Ephesus, revealing principles and practices to rebuild the urban church.
In order to book Dr. Smith, simply message Ofel Ladines, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can discover more about Dr. Smith and his ministry at EaglesInLeadership.org.