Isaiah 30:8-11 clearly shows us in the 21st Century that the rebellious children of Yahweh have always wanted pleasant preaching without accountability to a righteous lifestyle.
The question is, “Is that what I want?” If it is, I am rebellious!
These are strong words, but you can read the text for yourself and see …
“Now go, write it before them on a tablet, and note it in a book, that it may serve in the time to come as a witness forever;
- for this is a rebellious people,
- lying children,
- children who refuse to listen to the law of the Lord;
- they say to the seers, “You must not see visions,”
- and to the prophets, “You must not prophesy to us right things;
- speak to us pleasant things,
- prophesy illusions.
- Get out of the way, turn aside from the path, let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.”” (Isaiah 30:8–11, MEV)